If you want more control of your marketing in a volatile market, an ADM Minimum Price contract gives a hands-on approach with downside protection. With the Minimum Price grain contract, we’ll work with you to develop a customized risk management plan using option-based scenarios to help you achieve price targets while protecting unacceptable price risk. With the plan in hand, you make the final pricing decisions on your grain throughout the season.
Note that entering into a Minimum Price contract does not result in the seller opening a futures or options account or having a futures or options position. Any options position taken by a buyer is for the benefit of the buyer only and shall be in the buyer’s name. Futures and/or options may be employed as a grain pricing mechanism. This contract is not a futures or options contract or a commodity pool agreement.
ADM products and services vary by location.
How it Works
Here’s how Minimum Price works for you:
- Working with an ADM representative, you decide the price parameters you’re looking to achieve and discuss time coverage and costs associated with the various Minimum Price contract strategies you may be considering.
- Your ADM representative works with your information to provide specific risk management scenarios that align with your desired outcome.
- You stay in touch with your ADM representative as your chosen strategy executes to make decisions along the way.
- You deliver your grain within the contracted time period and receive your final cash price once all the components of your pricing strategy are complete. The final cash price is the Final Futures Reference Price +/− Basis − Service Fee + Premium (if any). Your final price will include any fees or premiums associated with the minimum price strategy used. You may be eligible for a payment advance on delivered grain if your chosen strategy is still being executed.
- You maintain control and flexibility and play an active role in your final pricing outcome
- Helps diversify your marketing portfolio
- Assures a minimum price for your grain and may allow you to participate in upside market opportunities
Please contact me so we can have a conversation about this grain contract.