The ADM Forward contract allows you to secure a cash price for grain that has not yet been delivered. By doing so, it helps you eliminate downside price risk and improves your ability to plan. Forward marketing is an essential part of a diversified marketing plan.
ADM products and services vary by location.
How it Works
Here’s how to put a Forward contract to work for you:
- Meet with your local ADM merchandiser to discuss your plans and objectives for current and future production.
- He or she will walk you through the choices that will best help you meet your objectives and to ensure you’re comfortable with the suggestion and plan.
- If you select a Forward contract, watch the futures market and lock in your price when you desire. ADM will then define expectations for final pricing, payment and delivery, and continue to look for ways to help you improve your grain marketing.
- Lock in a favorable price to protect your downside price risk
- Diversify your marketing portfolio
- Select a delivery date that works in your favor
- Limit your exposure in a volatile market
Please contact me so we can have a conversation about this grain contract.