Market Signals Weekly Report
The following are comments and discussion items from the weekly conference call of the Market Signals Team.
- Rains in Argentina and snow in US south plains offered resistance to futures.
- China reopening helped energy and metal prices. USDA lowered China soybean imports
- Informa est US 2023 corn acres at 90.5 vs 88.6 ly, soybeans 88.0 vs 87.4 wheat 49.8 vs 45.7
- SH rallied after USDA Jan report from 14.93 to 15.48 only to fall back to 14.79
- CH rallied after USDA Jan report from 6.49 to 6.88 only to fall back to 6.61
- WH has dropped from a high near 7.60 to a low on Monday to 7.12.
- Weekly US corn exports were only 28 mil bu. Season to date exports are 453 vs 650 ly
- Weekly US soybean exports were 66 mil bu. Season to date is 1,253 vs 1,287 ly
- Weekly US wheat exports were 12 mil bu. Season to date is 469 vs 486 ly
- Some est Black Sea and South America could increase acres 15-18 million each
- Higher World corn, soybean and wheat acres could lower US export share further
Now you can review the price and performance history of the Market Signals group back to 2011.
Click Unsold pieces to reveal Recommendations, when applicable.
All price recommendations below are futures price references (not cash equivalents).
Chicago Wheat 2022-crop
Chicago Wheat 2023-crop
KC Wheat 2022-crop
KC Wheat 2023-crop
MPLS Wheat 2022-crop
MPLS Wheat 2023-crop
ADM is providing this communication for informational purposes, and it is not a solicitation or offer to purchase or sell commodities. The sources for the information in this communication are believed to be reliable, but ADM does not warrant the accuracy of the information. The information in this communication is subject to change without notice. If applicable, any information and/or recommendations in this communication do not take into account any particular individual's or company's objectives or needs, which should be considered before engaging in any commodity transactions based on these recommendations. ADM or its affiliates may hold or take positions for their own accounts that are different from the positions recommended in this communication.