Marketing Partners Advisory: Weekly Conference Call Recap
The following are comments and discussion items from the weekly conference call of the recommendations group of Marketing Partners Advisory.
Discussion Items :
- Hurricane Barry is expected to bring moisture to some parts of the Corn Belt.
- Hot temperatures in the forecast could cause stress to an already weakened crop.
- Discussion continues on of the variability of the corn crop within the field and in particular areas. The soybean crop is late planted, which will most likely reduce yield potential.
- The grain trade will be focused on the Aug 12th WASDE report, which will update the planted and harvest acres of corn and soybeans.
- It is anticipated that the harvested acres percentage of planted corn and soybeans acres will be reduced, due to failed acres.